featuresInternational

Police Blames US, Britain for Hacking Iranian Dailies

Feb ,12\ NewNewss

“The recent attacks against the websites were of surface and deface type and they had only attacked the first page of the websites and the hackers failed to open their way into the deeper layers of the servers,” General Montazer al-Mahdi told reporters in Tehran on Monday.

“At present, the issue is being probed by the communications ministry but information shows that the IP address of the hackers who have attacked a number of newspapers was (registered) in the US and Britain,” he added.

His remarks came after the hackers released fake news on the first page of a number of Iranian newspapers in recent days.

Head of Iran’s Cyber Police (FATA) Brigadier General Seyed Kamal Hadianfar announced in May 2015 that the country has foiled a US cyber attack on the Iranian oil ministry during the last two months.

“The Cyber Attacks Emergency Center in FATA could thwart hackers’ attack against the oil ministry,” Hadianfar said, addressing a forum on cyber crimes in Tehran.

“These hackers were from the US and we informed them (the US officials) of the issue in an official letter and also issued an international judicial order,” he added.

Hadianfar said that the cyber attack was waged against the oil ministry during the four-day holidays (possibly March 21-24, 2015) but failed following the swift action FATA’s emergency center.

In relevant remarks in February 2015, Senior Military Aide to the Supreme Leader Major General Yahya Rahim Safavi revealed that several cyber attacks on Iran’s scientific and industrial infrastructures had been pushed back by Iranian experts.

Tags
Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Close